On October 12-13, 2017 took part the 2nd International Scientific Conference «Advanced Polymer Materials and Technologies».We invite you, to participate in the 2nd International Scientific Conference «Advanced Polymer Materials and Technologies»
The aim of the conference was to popularize scientific achievements of the Department of Applied Ecology, Technology of Polymers and Chemical Fibers (AETPCF) and the Faculty of Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Technologies in the field of polymers and chemical fibers processing. Experience exchange with representatives of higher education institutions, R&D institutes and business community; discussion about the prospects of the industrial development and the problems of specialists training for the chemical industries.
Among conference participants were:
- Kaunas University of Technology
- Belarusian National Technical University, Minsk
- Lviv Polytechnic National University
- Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry NASU
- National Technical University of Ukraine «KPI»
- Technical University George Asachi (Yassi, Romania)
- Institute of Materials Mechanics of the University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia)
- Institute of Surface Chemistry named after. Chuiko NASU
- National Technical University Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute
- Donetsk Physical-Technical Institute named after Galkin NASU
The conference was opened by the Dean of the Faculty of Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Technologies Ph.D., Associate Professor Olga Baula
Greetings to the conference participants from the pro-rector on scientific and innovative activities of prof. Viktor Kaplun
- The conference was held at the expense of participants and sponsors.
- More than 100 participants took part in the conference.
- 16 oral speeches and 23 posters were presented.
- Based on the results of the contest for the best poster presentation, 4 diplomas were awarded, including 2 diplomas for students and employees of KNUTD.
Diploma for the best poster presented to Olga Bulderberga from the Institute of Materials Mechanics of the University of Latvia, Riga. Second place was taken by the posters of colleagues from the Kaunas University of Technology, delivered by Dr. Kestutis Baleshka. The third place was shared by posters of the KNUTD employees Elena Ishchenko and Vlasenko Victoria.
The conference was attended by students, graduate students and staff of the KNUTD departments:
- Applied Ecology, Technologies of Polymers and Chemical Fibers;
- Electrochemical Energy and Chemistry;
- Industrial Pharmacy;
- Biotechnology, Leather and Fur Technologies;
- Materials Science;
- Technogenic safety Heat and Mass Transfer Processes;
- Technology and design of sewing products.
Report of Dr. Andrii Aniskevich, a colleague from the Institute of Mechanics of Materials of the Latvian University
Based on the results of the recently defended doctoral thesis, the report was made by the associate professor of the AETPCF department, Yurii Budash
Deputy Chairman of the Organizing Committee, Head of AETPCF Department prof. Viktoriia Plavan
Vice-rector KNUTD prof. Viktor Chaban and Ph.D. Volodymyr Khomenko discussing posters
The keynote lecture by Professor, Ph.D. Antonela Curteza, Technical University Gheorghe Asachi (Iasi, Romania)
Professor A. Curteza presented interesting examples of nanotechnology, biotechnology and 3D printing applications in the design and fashion industry. She talked about the directions of scientific work of the Faculty of Textile and Leather Industry and Industrial Management of the University of Iasi.
Foreign guests thanked the organizers for the warm welcome, fruitful program, and expressed their hope for further cooperation between universities.